This program brings together people who aspire to leadership positions in community, church, and business. By promoting ethical decision-making, theological reflection, leadership skills, and public activity, the master's program in servant leadership supports and affirms people who seriously embrace their vocation to serve in the world and the church.
Upon completion of the Master of Arts in Servant Leadership, participants will be:
Knowledgeable servant-leaders. They will be able to:
- articulate a vision of servant leadership as a vocation;
- apply the theories and practices of leadership and service in relationship to a life of virtue;
- demonstrate an understanding of the theological and philosophical foundations of the common good.
Organizational change-agents. They will be able to:
- demonstrate understanding of organizational and institutional mission, culture, and dynamics;
- plan, implement, and assess a servant leadership project that demonstrates a commitment to the common good.
Reflective individuals. They will be able to:
- integrate faith and work through individual and communal ritual, contemplative and reflective exercises;
- articulate an understanding of the relationship among leadership, power, and authority;
- practice hospitality that demonstrates a reverence for diverse people and cultures.
The program meets the unique needs of servant leaders in ministry, non-profit organizations,government, health care, and business while assuring fulfillment of the expectations related to an accredited program in higher education. Various educational methodologies appropriate to the adult learner with life and professional experience are incorporated into the curriculum plan.
- Courses are usually conducted on Friday evenings from 5:30–10 p.m., and Saturdays from 8 a.m.–5 p.m. A three-credit course will meet three weekends during the semester.
- Online courses options available each fall and spring semesters.
- And/or, participants may earn their Master of Arts in Servant Leadership during the two-week, four-summer intensive Servant Leadership Summer Institute.
For information, contact:
Master of Arts in Servant Leadership
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI 54601