Arts in Context
Experience the Arts in a Whole New Way!
Join us prior to select performances for our Arts in
Led by special
guests, this program offers insight that will enhance your
viewing the upcoming performance. You will learn more
about the performers and
the production itself, and will also have the
opportunity to ask questions and
engage in dialogue with someone
more intimately connected to the performance.
- Arts in Context is complimentary to ticket holders. No RSVP is needed.
- Discussions will begin one hour prior to the start of the performance and last approximately 30 minutes.
- Discussions for Bright Star, NexStar, and Chamber Music performances are held
one hour before the performance in the Dance Studio (Room 122) in the Fine Arts
- Discussions for Viterbo and
Chamber Opera productions are held post-performance in the theatre.
- Discussions after La Croix Black Box Theatre productions will take place in the Black Box.
Join us for these Arts in Context discussions:
- Ring of Fire: The Life and Music of Johnny Cash -- Friday, Sept. 13 at 6:30 p.m.
- Czech Mates -- Saturday, Sept. 21 at 6:30
- Dido and Aeneas -- Friday, Oct. 4 only, post-performance
- Little Women: The Broadway Musical -- Friday, Oct. 11 only -- post-performance
- Tango Fire -- Wednesday, Oct. 16 at 6:30 p.m.
- Estonian National Symphony Orchestra -- Wednesday, Nov. 6 at 6:30
- On the Verge -- Friday, Nov. 15 only, post-performance at The Weber Center
- Piano Tango -- Sunday, Nov. 17 at 2 p.m.
- Amahl and the Night Visitors -- Saturday, Dec. 7 only at 6:30 p.m.
- Artaria String Quartet -- Saturday, Jan. 25 at 6:30 p.m. and Sunday, Jan. 26 at 2 p.m.
- The Mystery of Edwin Drood -- Friday, Feb. 21 only, post-performance
- Reduced Shakespeare Company-The Complete World of Sports, Abridged -- Wednesday, March 12 at 6:30 p.m.
- Women of Ireland -- Friday, March 21 at 6:30 p.m.
- Paul Taylor 2 Dance Company -- Tuesday, April 1 at 6:30 p.m.
- Gallantry and Il Signor Deluso -- Thursday, April 3 only, post-performance
- Arms and the Man -- Friday, April 4 only, post-performance at The Weber Center
- Cantus- A Place for Us -- Saturday, April 12 at 6:30 p.m.
- STOMP -- Monday, April 21 and Tuesday, April 22 at 6:30 p.m.
- Hotel California- The Original Tribute to the Eagles -- Saturday, April 26 at 6:30 p.m.
- Chita: A Legendary Celebration -- Thursday, May 1 at 6:30 p.m.