Viterbo University enjoys a rich history of education
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are
grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be
reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
Educating teachers was part of the original mission in 1890 and now, more than a century later, that hasn’t changed. Good teaching, and our commitment to it, remains constant. Whether students are seeking initial licensure, a graduate degree, early childhood, reading, or perhaps principalship, Viterbo’s nationally accredited teacher education programs prepare them for life in the classroom. Viterbo University is a charter member of NCATE (since its inception in 1954) and has been continuously accredited to date. Each year, over 500 teachers receive degrees or licensure certification from Viterbo.
Viterbo University is the perfect place to earn your education degree. The following characteristics make Viterbo a highly respected university:
- accredited by the National Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation and approved by the Wisconsin Department of Public Instruction
- a strong, collaborative partnership with area schools
- field experience in local schools happens early in course work
- 100 percent of faculty members are licensed teachers and have extensive teaching experience in the Pre-K-12 world. Faculty are caring and approachable
- personalized academic advising along with an excellent student/faculty ratio
- a superb reputation for the preparation of teachers in the region and the state.
Education Program Options
- Elementary and Elementary/Middle Education
early childhood through middle childhood (Pre-K-6)
middle childhood through early adolescence (1-9)
- Middle /Secondary Early Adolescence Through Adolescence (6-12)
broad field science
broad field social studies
- Early Childhood through Adolescence (Pre-K-12)
For complete degree requirements, refer to the course catalog link: Undergraduate Course Catalog
Contact: Gerald Kember
Interim Dean, School of Education