Internships -- beginning fall 2014, we guarantee that all business students will participate in at least one PAID internship or field practicum!
An internship provides an opportunity for students to gain work experience related to their academic major or career field, explore career options while in school, and earn academic credit for the experience. Many interns are paid for their services, too! This invaluable opportunity is often the edge that employers are looking for upon entering the job market after graduation.
What is an internship?
An internship provides an opportunity for students to gain work experience related to their academic major or career field, explore career options while in school, and earn academic credit for the experience. Benefits of an internship include:
- Acquire resume building experience essential to obtaining full time employment.
- Develop and/or increase your marketable skills.
- Observe the work place and see if it matches your expectations.
- Begin to develop your network of professional contacts.
- Develop mentor-type relationships.
- Ease transition from student to work world.
- The opportunity to integrate classroom theory with practical work experience, which makes the classroom more exciting.
What steps should I take to get an internship?
- Learn more about internships at Viterbo University by reviewing the FAQ page
- Make an appointment with Viterbo's internship coordinator, Denise Lorenz, at 608-796-3285 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Begin exploring some internship sites by checking out Viterbo Job Link, talking with your advisor and professors, and checking other sources such as online internship directories, newspapers, or with people you know