Viterbo University’s website and many of our communication systems such as email and telephone services will be unavailable for parts of Saturday, July 26. In case of emergencies please email

Emergency Response Plan

Header Image

Alcohol or Drug Overdose

  1. If you are concerned about a person's safety, call 911.
  2. Call campus safety at 3911 if using a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 if using a
    non-Viterbo phone.
  3. Check the person's breathing. If it is slow or irregular, or their skin is cold, call 911 for medical ­attention.
  4. If someone has passed out, try to wake the person. If you cannot wake them, call 911 for medical ­attention.
  5. Turn the person on his or her side. Never put an intoxicated or drugged person to bed to sleep it off.
  6. Do not leave the person alone.