Technical College Pathways Program
Are you currently enrolled in the nursing program at Western Technical College. Madison Area Technical College or Chippewa Valley Technical College and you would like to take the general education and nursing support classes that are part of a Bachelor of Science Degree at Viterbo University? Now you can do that by applying to the Professional Pathways Program.
Professional Pathways allows opportunities for Western Technical College, Madison Area Technical College and Chippewa Valley Technical College students to build in bachelor degree prerequisites, which may allow a seamless pathway into the BSN Completion program at Viterbo University.
There are two pathway options for associate degree students. The Pathways program includes:
- Professional Nursing Bridge– for students in the second semester of nursing core courses
- Professional Steps– for students waiting to start the nursing core courses at one of the technical colleges
To apply: There are two steps in the application process:
- Apply for admission online. (Select the BSN-C Pathways option.)
- The Pathways application form (see below for link to form) must be completed and signed by the technical school's nursing program Associate Dean. Submit the completed form to Viterbo University, Center for Adult Learning, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI 54601 or email to Adult Learning. Once submitted, you will work with a BSN Completion program recruiter to assist in applying and selecting appropriate courses.
Click on the appropriate link below for a Pathways Application:
Madison Area Technical College Viterbo Pathways Application (pdf)
Western Technical College Viterbo Pathways Application (pdf)
Chippewa Valley Technical College Pathways application
Each course listed below meets one day per week for four hours over seven weeks. English 307 and Math 130 each meet the full 14-week semester. All courses listed may also be taken fully online. Students must maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA to remain in the selected pathway. Students must apply for the Pathway Program and meet with a BSN Completion Academic Advisor yearly.
Students can select no more than two courses per semester:
- English 307 – Argumentative Writing, 3 credits (full semester)
- Math 130 – Introduction to Statistics, 3 credits (full semester)
- Fine Arts, 3 credits
- History – upper division, 3 credits
- Philosophy – upper division, 3 credits
- Religious Studies - upper division, 3 credits
- English Literature – upper division, 3 credits (not available to Professional Steps students)
Note: For both pathways listed above, neither school can verify attendance (or attendance status) for financial aid, loan deferment, insurance, or other needs, based on combined institutional attendance, i.e. neither institution can verify full-time student status by combining registered credits from both schools.
For more information contact:
The Center for Adult Learning
900 Viterbo Drive
La Crosse, WI, 54601