The Department of Recreational Sports offers a Facilities internship. The purpose of the intern position is to work with the Director in oversight of the Amie L. Mathy Center operations, policy review as well as provide staff supervision.
- Supervise and conduct daily operations of the Amie L. Mathy Center
- Promote leadership development and actively participate in the growth and maturity of facility student staff and patrons
- Assist in the recruitment, hiring, training scheduling, and supervising of 20-25 student staff
- Assist in semester evaluations for the 20-25 student staff
- Review the student staff handbook so that Rec Sports and University policies and procedures are accurate
- Implement/Enforce departmental policies and procedures
- Assist with all reservations, rentals, and special events
- Learn about facility scheduilng more specifically policies and procedures related to gym scheduling
- Assist in the maintaining, filing and organizing paperwork for daily operations: student staff write-ups, maintenance of equipment/facility, accident reports, incident reports, facility inspections, etc.
- Assist in monitoring the equipment inventory for equipment check-out and special events during the semester
- Assist in the marketing and promotions of Recreational Sports programs and the Mathy Center
- Conduct facility tours on a regular basis
- Conduct research related to user interest and satisfaction as well as program evaluations
- Assist in facility usage tracking
- Assist in front desk coverage as needed
- Other duties as assigned
- Certification in First Aid/CPR.
- Ability to supervise others.
- Possess good leadership skills, written and oral communication skills, and conflict resolution skills.
- Strong customer service and communication skills.
- Ability to work well independently and with others.
- Basic computer knowledge (Microsoft Office programs).
- Ability to work afternoons, evenings, and weekends.
- Prior work experience in a Recreational Sports Program preferred.
- Sincere interest in upholding the standards of the Rec Sports Department and Amie L. Mathy Center.
A commitment of 10-15 hours per week
Must be flexible afternoons, nights, weekends
Interested individuals should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org