Undergraduate Writing Assistance
What is it?
- Writing specialists will offer help at any stage of the writing process and answer questions about formatting in APA, MLA, and Chicago Style.
- Specialists DO NOT proofread papers but model correct writing practices.
- Comments are restricted to structure, coherence, grammar, punctuation, and usage. Writing specialists do not provide feedback concerning subject content.
- The specialist will use the scheduled time to discuss the paper with the student.
- Students make appointments by using Genbook or by calling (608) 796-3190.
- Book a half hour appointment for papers 4 pages or less; book two half hour appointments for papers exceeding 4 pages. Limit appointments to one hour/day.
- When scheduling an appointment, choose Undergraduate Writing and a specific specialist. If you choose "no preference" the first available sessions will be visible.
- Appointments should be made several days in advance. At certain times of the semester, appointments may be limited or unavailable due to high demand.
- After implementing the specialist’s comments, students may schedule subsequent appointments.
For additional information, access Frequently Asked Questions. Specific questions may be emailed to
one of the writing specialists: Christy Kabat, firstname.lastname@example.org or Andy Moore, email@example.com.
For Viterbo's graduate students, assistance is available primarily online. For more details, visit the Graduate Writing Assistance web page.
Punctuation, Grammar, and Usage