As a first year student, the following activities will help you explore different ways to make the most of your time at Viterbo:
- Take the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator and other self assessments to get to know yourself and the types of careers aligned with your personal characteristics.
- Enroll in Career and Life Planning (UNST 110), a course to help you clarify your career goals.
- Develop study skills and organizational skills needed to earn a respectable GPA; use the Academic Resource Center.
- Develop your profile on VHawk Job Talk; update this regularly.
- Join a couple of campus clubs and organizations offering opportunities for skill building.
- Attend workshops and panel presentations related to your career interests.
- Volunteer in a field or organization that interests you.
- Seek out opportunities to build and document the skills most employers seek, such as writing skills, computer skills, foreign language skills, multicultural competency, and teamwork skills.
- Explore potential minors to complement your major interests.
- Visit the Career Services website to stay updated on workshops, fairs, internships, and other opportunities.