Viterbo University’s website and many of our communication systems such as email and telephone services will be unavailable for parts of Saturday, July 26. In case of emergencies please email

Global Education

Header Image

Admission Process and Application Deadlines

The first step in the admission process is to review our international brochure, complete the application online, or print off and complete a paper application (pdf) and send it through the mail. Educational documents are also needed, which show that you have the equivalent of a high school graduate. These documents must include a list of the subjects studied, the minimum passing grade and the maximum grade possible in each subject, and the grades attained, as well as the applicant's rank in the graduating class, if it is available.

If you have studied beyond the high school level, you should also send evidence of that fact such as examination results and transcripts from the educational institutions at which you have studied.

All documents must bear the original seal or signature of the registrar of the institution attended. If a photocopy of a document is sent, it must be stamped, dated, and signed by the institution issuing the document. Documents written in languages other than English must be submitted along with a certified translation. Any translation should be literal and not interpretive. Documents submitted to Viterbo become the property of the university.

Viterbo admits international students to begin their course of study in the fall term only. Early application is encouraged.

Deadlines and reporting Dates

Fall term application deadline: April 1
Final date to issue I-20: July 1
Date for reporting to Voterbo University: Aug. 20

Once we have receive your application, educational documents, and your TOEFL score, if you are eligible, we will send you letters of admission and financial assistance. At that point, we will ask you to complete the Certification of Finances and provide documentation showing that you have the financial resources to pay for your educational and living expenses. Information on housing and health insurance will be provided at the same time. First-year students are required to live on campus.

After you have returned the Certification of Finances and the required documentation, we will be able to send the I-20 which will allow you to apply for a visa interview at the nearest U.S. embassy.

We strongly recommend that you avail yourself of the assistance of the Educational Advisor at the U.S. Embassy in your home country. Contact information and much more can be found at