Viterbo University’s website and many of our communication systems such as email and telephone services will be unavailable for parts of Saturday, July 26. In case of emergencies please email

Global Education

Header Image

Instructions for Transfer Students

If you are enrolled at another U.S. college or university and are seeking to transfer to Viterbo, you should do the following:

  • Review our academic programs
  • Review the costs and financial assistance for international students
  • Print out the application (pdf), complete, and send it, along with evidence of completion of high school in your home country, evidence of any university schooling in your home country, and a transcript from the university you are currently attending.
  • Provide a copy of your passport, visa, and current I-20 with your application materials.
  • All materials should be sent to the Office of Global Education at Viterbo University, 900 Viterbo Drive, La Crosse, WI  54601
  • If admitted to Viterbo, you will receive a written request to have the DSO (Designated School Official) at the institution you are currently attending verify that you are currently an F-1 student in status. This verification should be returned to the Office of Global Education. Once your SEVIS record is transferred to Viterbo a new I-20 will be issued. Within 15 days of enrollment at Viterbo you must visit the Office of Global Education at Viterbo to confirm your presence.