Online Accounting Degree
Viterbo University's accredited accounting program offers those who already hold an associate degree in accounting or have completed the prerequisite accounting courses, the opportunity to complete their bachelor's degree in an online format. This program prepares students to sit for state public accounting exams (CPA/CMA), which requires 150 hours of college credit. Depending on your transfer credits, you will meet this requirement (or be close to it) upon completion of this degree. One of the strongest reasons for earning a bachelor's degree in this field is to prepare to take the CPA exam.
The goal of this program is to turn our excellent business practitioners into visionaries, strategic thinkers, and principled leaders by focusing on ethical decision-making, corporate social responsibility, and communication.
With a bachelor's degree in accounting from Viterbo, you will be prepared to:
- make complex fiscal decisions
- analyze financial and tax data
- apply ethical decision-making to the work environment
Career opportunities for accountants
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Business Administration in Accounting program, you will be prepared for a career in positions including:
|Financial analyst||Certified Public Accountant (CPA)||Financial accountant|
|Business analyst||Tax planning and return preparation||Certified Management Accountant (CMA)|
|Tax accountant||Management and advisory services||Bank account management service specialist|
|Auditor||Cost accountant||Banking accounting analyst|
|Accountant||Internal accountant||Leasing account manager|
The accounting degree program offers:
- a generous transfer credit policy that allows you to transfer credits from other regionally-accredited institutions (see our articulation agreements).
- assistance from peers and faculty in our new finance lab, with additional tutoring help during evening hours.
- online tutoring with Smart Thinking in a variety of subject areas and formats—from immediate drop-in assistance to scheduled online tutoring sessions.
- the option to attend full-time or part-time.
- personalized advising and support services.
- flexibility, with all classes available online in eight-week terms.
- classes that begin three times per year in August, January, and May.
Earn credit for prior learning
If you have earned professional certifications, completed training in your workplace, or have a number of years of experience in your field, you may qualify to receive credit for prior learning, which can help you earn your degree more quickly and lower the overall cost. To find out whether or not you might be eligible, use our Credit Predictor Tool.
For more information
For more information, check out details on the Accounting Degree program or our Accounting Degree FAQs. And if you are interested in our online Accounting degree program, contact Adult Learning at Viterbo University by filling out the "Request Information" form on this page or by calling us at (608) 796-3010.