Online Professional Studies
The Viterbo professional studies major focuses on the study of communications and organizational culture. Students may apply their previously earned college credit, military credit, or credit for prior learning to meet the degree requirements. This is a unique and flexible interdisciplinary major that allows students to combine electives in two areas of interest together with required courses in sociology, research, and interpersonal communications. The result is a degree that allows graduates to work in a variety of settings, depending on the interest areas they have studied, for example, business and psychology, philosophy and religious studies, etc.
Upon completion of the Bachelor of Science in Professional Studies, graduates can pursue careers in a variety of settings including:
- business and industry
- health care
- non-profit agencies
- service industries (hospitality, restaurant, travel, etvc.)
- retail companies
Graduates of the professional studies program are also prepared to go on to graduate school. Many of our students do just that, by entering either the Master of Business Administration (MBA) program or the Master of Arts in Servant Leadership (MASL) program offered here at Viterbo.
The professional studies program offers:
- a generous transfer credit policy that allows you to transfer credits from other regionally-accredited institutions (see our articulation agreements).
- the option to attend full-time or part-time.
- personalized advising and support services.
- flexibility, with all classes available online in eight-week terms.
- classes that begin three times per year in August, January, and May.
- online tutoring with Smart Thinking in a variety of subject areas and formats—from immediate drop-in assistance to scheduled online tutoring sessions.
Why should you pursue a bachelor's degree?
- Finish what you started.
- Position yourself for success in your workplace.
- Reach the goals you have set for yourself.
- Set an example for your children, spouse, and other family members.
- Be a better colleague or leader for your coworkers.
We understand that traditional, daytime classes may not fit every student’s schedule. With our online professional studies program, you can maintain your work, family, and personal schedules and still have time to complete the program.
Earn credit for prior learning
If you have earned professional certifications, completed training in your workplace, or have a number of years of experience in your field, you may qualify to receive credit for prior learning, which can help you earn your degree more quickly and lower the overall cost. To find out whether or not you might be eligible, use our Credit Predictor Tool.
For More Information
For more information, check out details on the Professional Studies program or our Professional Studies Degree FAQs. And if you are interested in our online Professional Studies program, contact Adult Learning at Viterbo University by completing the "Request Information" form on this page or by calling 1-888-VITERBO (1-888-848-3726).