Applications for the Business Education major are not being accepted for the 2017-2018 academic year.
Business Education is a very sought after field, offering many opportunities to have a meaningful and interesting career. The Business Education program offers a strong liberal arts foundation from courses across the Viterbo University curriculum including a mix of business classes from the Dahl School of Business and the School of Education.
The mission of the business education major is to prepare professional teachers of business subjects for the middle and secondary school levels.
Students must complete the following requirements to receive their degree:
- Cumulative GPA for business courses must be 2.75 with no business course grade lower than 2.0.
- Students must earn128 SCHtotal, including 43 SCH of upper division (300 & 400 level) credit, to meet graduation requirements. Transfer business students must earn15 SCHof credit by taking business courses.
- Students must complete at least the last30 SCHof credits by taking Viterbo University course work.
- All transferred course work must have a grade of at least C.
- Students must earn a minimum grade of C in all Education courses.
- Students must pass PPST prior to Admission to Teacher Education.
- Students must have a GPA of 2.50 or above in the General Education Program.
- Student must have demonstrated keyboard proficiency.