Safety Tips for You and Your Property
Stay safe by following these tips:
- Dial 911 in the event of an emergency.
- Do not walk or jog alone especially after dark. Take a friend or neighbor along for company.
- To request a Safe Walk escort when walking on campus and/or in the surrounding neighborhood call Campus Safety at 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582.
- To be prepared for adverse situations, add these phone numbers to the contact list on your cell phone: 911 for emergencies, and Campus Safety at 608-796-3911 and/or 608-780-1582.
- At night, walk in well-lit areas whenever possible. Choose busy streets and avoid going through vacant lots, alleys, or other deserted areas.
- Carry purses and bags close to your body and keep a firm grip on them. Avoid pickpockets by carrying your wallet in an inside coat pocket or front trouser pocket.
- Stay alert and tuned in to your surroundings, wherever you are.
- Trust your instincts. If you feel uncomfortable in a place or situation, leave right away and get help if necessary.
- Be aware and be prepared. Don't be taken by surprise. Stand tall and walk confidently.
- Get to know the neighborhoods and neighbors where you live, go to school, and work.
Additional safety tips are available at: