In keeping with Catholic tradition and our Franciscan heritage, Viterbo University incorporates the following Franciscan and Catholic values into the life and work of the university community:
- Reverences the unique dignity of individual persons.
- Provides service to one another, society, and the church.
- Fosters a humble and generous spirit of hospitality.
- Respects all creation as good stewards of the earth’s resources.
- Sustains a Franciscan, eucharistic presence in our community.
- Values the compatibility of faith and reason as integral to truth.
- Pursues and shares truth for its own sake.
- Encounters the invisible God in the whole of the visible world.
- Celebrates with joy the world as redeemed by Christ.
Above,student Sadie Williams doing the second reading at mass in St. Peter's Basilica. She was in Rome as part of a pilgrimage sponsored by Viterbo University.