The Mathy Center houses 3 full-size basketball courts that are used
by Viterbo University and the Boys and Girls Club. The gyms are
scheduled and programmed so that both groups may have use of 1, 2, or 3
courts at any given time. Please check with the Viterbo Welcome Center
Desk for daily schedules or check the online schedule here.
The courts may be used for a variety of activities including
basketball and volleyball. Recreational Sports Intramurals takes place
in the gyms as well as limited Varsity Athletics practices and the Boys
and Girls Club programs. There are also times where the courts are
available for “open gym.”
The courts are located on the first level of the Mathy Center.
Gym Reservation Policy
- The Mathy Center gymnasium courts are available by reservation to
these Viterbo University groups: academic departments and programs,
intramural leagues, registered student organizations and varsity
- Reservations are made through and approved by the Director of Recreational Sports.
- Reservations must be made and approved at least 7 days in advance of the date and time requested.
- Intramural Leagues and Boys & Girls Club programming are given
priority scheduling in accordance with the Mathy Center Administrator
- Depending upon availability, groups associated with academic
departments and programs and/or registered student organizations will be
limited to usage of one court for a 1.5 hours per event twice per week.
- Procedures for use of the gym by Viterbo varsity athletic teams are outlined in the Mathy Center Administrator Handbook.
Open Gym Hours
- The gymnasium courts will be made available daily to students and
employees of Viterbo University for open gym hours. Open gym hours are
scheduled for students and employees who are not engaging in academic
program, intramural, student organization or varsity athletics practice
- Interested students and employees should check the posted Gym Schedule for court availability.