Alcohol or Drug Intoxication or Overdose
- If you are concerned about a person’s safety following the consumption and/or ingestion of alcohol or drugs, call 911 and/or take the person to a hospital emergency room.
- Call Campus Safety at 3911 if using a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 if using a non-Viterbo phone.
- Turn the person on his/her side. Don't leave him/her unattended to “sleep it off.”
- Walk or drive an intoxicated person(s) home. Make certain he/she is safe INSIDE once home. Do not let an intoxicated person go outside alone; do not leave an intoxicated person alone outside.
- In cases of drug or alcohol overdose, the primary concern of the university is the person’s safety, not punishment or prosecution.