Viterbo University is closed today. All classes are cancelled and only essential personnel are required to report to work.
Armed Robbery or Burglary
- Remain calm. Most robbers do not wish to harm; they are only interested in money or property. When you are calm, you reduce the risk of the robber becoming agitated or dangerous. You are also more likely to get an accurate description. Make no sudden moves and don’t try to be heroic.
- Quickly give the robber exactly what he or she wants. Don’t take unnecessary chances with your life.
- Do not argue, fight, surprise or attempt to use weapons against a robber. The robber has already taken a major risk and is frightened. Additional provocation on your part could make the situation worse.
- Note as many details as possible until you can write them down. Glance at the weapon long enough to identify it. Then, look at the robber and get height, weight, hair color, eye color, and clothing. Notice the type and description of any weapons used. If a vehicle is involved, get license plate number, color, make, and model.
- When you are in a safe place, call 911.
- Call Campus Safety at 3911 if using a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 if using a non-Viterbo phone.