Hazardous Materials, Spills, Leaks, or Fumes
- Call 911 and calmly state your name, type of emergency, the building address and exact location of the spill, leak, or fumes.
- Call Campus Safety at 3911 if using a Viterbo phone; 608-796-3911 or 608-780-1582 if using a non-Viterbo phone.
- Contact Physical Plant at 608-769-3402.
- If someone is splashed with a chemical, immediately flush the contaminated area with water and obtain medical assistance.
- For major hazardous material spills, immediately evacuate the building, closing doors behind you.
- In the event of hazardous material leaks or fumes, immediately evacuate the building, closing doors behind you.
- For minor hazardous material spills, follow departmental protocol.
- Do not attempt to clean up the spill yourself. Provide clean-up/rescue personnel with appropriate material safety data sheets and other pertinent information.
- Only trained and authorized personnel are permitted to respond to hazardous material incidents.