Finance at Viterbo
Are you interested in how financial markets function and what makes them fluctuate? Do you wonder how successful people invest their savings among different investment alternatives, and how businesses raise capital? Do you like analyzing financial data, devising strategies to grow balance sheets, and explaining your concepts to others? If you answered “yes” to any of these questions, the finance major is a great choice for you.
The Viterbo University finance major prepares students for exciting careers in the always-expanding financial world. In addition to gaining in-depth finance knowledge, Viterbo finance students develop strong analytical, communication, problem-solving, leadership, decision-making and spreadsheet skills for success in today's business environment. Students with these broad skills are not only highly sought after by employers, but they will make a positive difference in the organizations in which they work and the communities where they live.
Whether your passion is for investment banking or securities on Wall Street, banking on Main Street or helping people plan their financial futures, careers in finance are among the fastest-growing and best-paying positions in the business world.
- Guaranteed paid internships for all finance students
- Mentorship program with local business professionals for all finance students
- Excellent business education with a focus on real world application
- The Charles D. Gelatt Finance Simulation Laboratory (opened August 2016)
- Emphasis on problem-solving skills, ethics, and servant leadership
- Taught by faculty who bring years of finance and business experience to the classroom
"Viterbo prepared me for my career, not only in the areas of business and finance, but also by further developing my ability to work with people and build relationships.”
- Financial advisor
- Financial and budget analyst
- Insurance agent and underwriter
- Personal financial advisors
- Public finance
- Real estate agent, broker, or developer
- Securities broker
- Small business owner/entrepreneur