If you and/or your parent have unusual circumstances which could affect your ability to contribute to college expenses, you may qualify for a re-evaluation of eligibility. Unusual circumstances include, but are not limited to the following:
- Changes to earned income (i.e., loss of job, retirement, death)
- Legal separation/divorce after filing FAFSA
- Paid out-of-pocket medical expenses not covered by insurance of at least $5000
- Parent in college tuition expenses
- Parent’s own student loans/PLUS Loans for another student
Circumstances you feel we should know about must be communicated in writing with specifics concerning the circumstance, i.e., dates, amounts, etc. Please use the Request to Consider Special Circumstances for Financial Aid Reconsideration Form to explain the circumstance(s). Submit the form to email@example.com or Viterbo University Financial Aid Office, 900 Viterbo Dr., La Crosse, WI 54601.
Additional paperwork will be required before the re-evaluation will be completed.