Arts in Context
Experience the Arts in a Whole New Way!
Join us prior to select performances for our Arts in Context discussions. Led by special guests, this program offers insight that will enhance your experience when viewing the upcoming performance. You will learn more about the performers and the production itself, and will also have the opportunity to ask questions and engage in dialogue with someone more intimately connected to the performance.
- Arts in Context is complimentary to ticket holders. No RSVP is needed.
- Discussions will begin one hour prior to the start of the performance and last approximately 30 minutes.
- Discussions for Bright Star and NexStar performances are held one hour before the performance in the Dance Studio (Room 122) in the Fine Arts Center.
- Discussions for the One-of-a-Kind Chamber Music Series are held one hour before the performance in the Hospitality Suite.
- Discussions for Viterbo and Chamber Opera productions are held post-performance in the theatre.
- Discussions for performances in La Croix Black Box Theatre productions will take place in the Black Box post-performance.
Arts in Context Discussions: 2016-2017
|Heritage: A Mosaic of Musical Artistry||Saturday, September 17||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Hospitality Suite|
|Riders to the Sea/The Impresario||Saturday, September 24 only||post-performance||Fine Arts Center Recital Hall|
|William Shakespeare's Romeo and Juliet||Saturday, October 8 only||post-performance||Fine Arts Center Main Theatre|
|Luis Bravo's Forever Tango||Wednesday, November 2||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Dance Studio|
|Czech It Out: The Music of Janacek and Dvorak||Sunday, November 13||2 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Hospitality Suite|
|Merrily We Roll Along||Saturday, November 19 only||post-performance||Lyche Theatre - Weber Center|
|Handel's Messiah||Saturday, December 3 only||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Dance Studio|
|Dancing at Lughnasa||Saturday, February 4 only||post-performance||Lyche Theatre - Weber Center|
|Giordano Dance Chicago||Thursday, February 9||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Dance Studio|
|Italian Souvenirs: The Music of Wolf and Tchiakovsky||Saturday, February 18||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Hospitality Suite|
|Orpheus in the Underworld||Saturday, March 4 only||post-performance||Fine Arts Center Main Theatre|
|Avenue Q||Saturday, April 1 only||post-performance||Lyche Theatre - Weber Center|
|Sonatas from 1917: The Music of Debussy and Respighi||Saturday, April 8||6:30 p.m.||Fine Arts Center Hospitality Suite|