IA Reading Teacher 148 (K–8) or 149 (5–12)
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st century.
Find out How to Apply and course registration information.
Iowa Teachers: "Come and Go" informational meetings are scheduled as follows from 4-5:30 p.m. at the Viterbo Iowa Center, 4949 Westown Parkway, Suite 195, in West Des Moines:
[You are welcome to call the Iowa Center at 515-224-4811 or 888-235-2200 anytime for 1:1 advisement. Thank you!]
- Wednesday, February 22, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 8, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, March 22, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 5, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, April 19, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 10, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, May 24, 2017, 4 - 5:30 p.m.
The Reading Endorsements #148 and #149 are 24-credit endorsements. The Viterbo Reading Teacher Program prepares teachers to be the literacy leaders of the future. Teachers will strengthen their instructional practices, improve student achievement, and share their expertise with others. In addition to offering courses at various locations across the state, Viterbo University can bring classes to teachers where they live and work, with flexible scheduling that meets the demands of their active lives.
Waivers may be granted for up to six credits for this endorsement if completed within seven years of your application date from a regionally accredited institution with an assigned grade of B or higher.
- A requirement for completion of reading endorsement #149 is that a Foundations of Reading course from a regionally accredited institution of higher education has been completed within 7 years of application with an assigned grade of B or higher.
Application to the Reading Endorsement is required prior to registering for the Practicum.
Endorsement credits earned may serve as elective credits toward the Master of Arts in Education degree.
Note: Candidates, will be required to complete a Capstone project. The Capstone project will consist of a mini-portfolio which includes reflections and artifacts related to this coursework and practicum. [See "Portfolio" link on left side menu]
For more information, contact:
Kathy Westcott, Viterbo Iowa Center, 515-224-4811 / 888-235-2200 or email email@example.com.