English Language Requirements
If your native language is not English, you are required to submit certification of proficiency in English by means of the Test of English as Foreign Language (TOEFL) or the International English Language Testing System (IELTS) prior to admission. For more information for making arrangements to take the TOEFL or have your scores sent to Viterbo, visit the TOEFL website at http://www.ets.org/or the IELTS website at https://www.ieltsessentials.com/global/ieltshome.
Viterbo University English Proficiency requirements for admission are:
- For undergraduate students, the TOEFL requirement is 500+ Paper-based test or 61+ Internet test. Alternatively, you may submit an IELTS score of at least 5.5.
- For graduate students, the TOEFL requirement is 550+ Paper-based test or 79+ Internet test. Alternatively, you may submit an IELTS score of at least 6.5.
- You may be admitted conditionally to Viterbo University and, after successful completion of the ESL coursework, you can enroll in the major program.
- You may also demonstrate English proficiency by successful completion of Level 112 from an ELS Language Center (www.els.edu).
Viterbo's institutional code for the TOEFL is 1878.
English Proficiency Waiver Policy
The following countries will have English proficiency waived due to their language of instruction in education and the prevalence of English as a spoken language:
- Antigua and Barbuda
- New Zealand
- Saint Vincent and the Grenadines
- Trinidad and Tobago
- United Kingdom