Iowa Electives and Professional Development
Viterbo University offers a variety of timely, pertinent elective courses which may be used for licensure renewal credit or toward the 15 electives required for the Master of Arts in Education degree.
You may also view by specific location/online via menu selections on left side of page.
[Registration information at bottom of this page]
Graduate Tuition: $355 per credit plus $10 per credit resource fee for the 2016-2017 academic year. $365 per credit tuition for the 2017-2018 academic year.
(Visit the Business Office for more information)
Spring 2017 (Listed in order by start date)
Courses (blended and online) offered through Viterbo University (standard tuition, $355/credit)
- Best Practices for Teaching Students on the Autism Spectrum and in Need of Behavioral Supports (2 cr.), Jan. 21-Feb. 25, 2017 (partial online, meeting face-to-face on Jan. 21 and Feb. 25 in West Des Moines)
- Poverty: Impact on Students and Strategies to Support Classroom Success (3 cr.), Feb. 13-April 2, 2017 (fully online)
- Challenging Classroom Behaviors: Attention-seeking, Avoidance of Failure, Power and Revenge, Intervention Skills and Strategies (3 cr.), Feb. 13-April 2, 2017 (fully online)
- Doing Your Great Work, Skills and Strategies (3 cr.), Feb. 13-April 2, 2017 (fully online)
- Maximizing Your Potential: Going from Good to Great (3 cr.), Feb. 13-April 2, 2017 (fully online)
- Crucial Conversations, Skills and Strategies, How to Discuss What Matters Most (3 cr.), Feb. 13-April 2, 2017 (online)
To register for any of the Viterbo elective courses, call 1-888-235-2200 or 515-224-4811 or email firstname.lastname@example.org