Music at Viterbo
Music has been called the language of the universe. It has the power to inspire people to look at the world around them in new and critical ways. People with a passion for music and composition can develop their skills as musical ambassadors with a music degree from Viterbo.
Viterbo University provides a flexible degree program in a small school environment with experienced faculty in state-of-the-art facilities. Viterbo provides personalized attention from experienced faculty to help students reach their career goals.
With a degree in music from Viterbo University, graduates take their passion and turn it into a career as professional performers, composers, and business owners.
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- A faculty coach/accompanist provided for each voice major
- Opportunities to participate in fully-staged opera and music theatre productions
- Instruction from artist/scholar faculty with extensive professional experience
- Opportunities to participate and tour with small and large choral ensembles and classical and show choirs
- Four state-of-the-art performance facilities: Viterbo University Fine Arts Center Main Theatre and Recital Hall, Viterbo University’s LaCroix Black Box Theatre, and the Weber Center for the Performing Arts
- Newly restored Steinway grand pianos
- Study abroad opportunities
“I realized right away that my education was going to be very extensive and thorough. Viterbo offered music classes that many other universities didn’t and my piano instructor was impressive as both a performer and a teacher. He was a great fit for one-on-one instruction with me.”
- Arts administrator
- Church musician
- Freelance performer
- Private music teacher
- Professional accompanist
Graduate Schools/Employers of Alumni
- Democracy in Action
- Independent Living Specialists
- Keynote Studio
- Madison Opera
- SSE Music Company