Music Performance at Viterbo
Performing on stage is an exhilarating experience. Professional performers have the ability to exhibit the energy of a particular song, scene, or character and inspire the audience.
Music performance majors at Viterbo University work with internationally and nationally-recognized artist/faculty in voice, piano, theory, and education. Students learn specific musical techniques, develop their own signature sound, perfect their skills as musicians, and learn to get into character for performances.
With a music performance degree from Viterbo University, students will have the confidence and musical techniques to stand out as an accomplished professional performer.
- Accredited by the National Association of Schools of Music
- Instruction from artist/scholar faculty with extensive professional experience
- Opportunities to perform in fully-staged productions in both opera and music theatre
- Small and large choral ensembles and classical show choirs
- Newly restored Steinway grand pianos
- Four state-of-the-art performance facilities: Viterbo University Fine Arts Center Main Theatre and Recital Hall, Viterbo University’s LaCroix Black Box Theatre, and the Weber Center for the Performing Arts
"Viterbo offered me a diverse variety of musical experiences that fostered the talent needed for my work with Chanticleer where I had to be proficient in all musical styles and genres. Some of these experiences at Viterbo included Concert Choir, opera productions, solo competitions such as NATS, and also through a cappella group and barbershop styles. I have always been very driven in my own career, and Viterbo's smaller campus, classroom sizes, and close, personal relationships I formed with professors fostered my work with my company Choral Tracks. "
- Church musician
- Freelance performer
- Music studio owner
- Private music teacher
- Professional accompanist
- Professional singer
Graduate Schools/Employers of Alumni
- Boston Conservatory
- Central City Opera
- Choral Tracks
- Indiana University
- SSE Music Company
- University of Minnesota