Information for Parents and Families
A Parent and Family Orientation session will be held following the Welcome and Blessing Ceremony during V-Hawk Orientation Days on Friday, August 24th. Hear from Academic Affairs and Student Affairs professionals as they help parents and family members learn about common student transition issues and how parents and families can best help their students.
We encourage you to visit the following resources as you prepare for your student to arrive on campus.
- College Parent Central
- Transition Year: Your Source for Emotional Health at College
- "5 Things to Know When Your Child Goes to College"
- "15 Things Parents of First-Year Students Should Never Do"
- The Freshman Survival Guide
- Christian College Guide's Parents' View
- Understanding the Family Educational Rights and Privacy Act (FERPA)
- Affording Viterbo