Submissions Needed for New Viterbo Prayer and Reflection Book
By Emily Dykman
The Viterbo University Mission Integration Committee (MIC) has initiated the development of a new edition of a prayer/reflection book for use by members of the community for various purposes. The prayer book will include a section that outlines the heritage and identity of our community (Catholic, Franciscan, Franciscan Sisters of Perpetual Adoration, and Viterbo University). The remaining sections of the book will offer prayers, reflections, and stories that draw on Viterbo’s five core values of contemplation, hospitality, integrity, stewardship, and service.
We are inviting members of the Viterbo community (employees, students, and alumni) to contribute potential selections for this collection. Note the following:
- Selections can be original compositions or found pieces.
- If your submission includes a story, you will need to indicate that you have permission to use the story, especially if it includes personal information.
- Each submission includes an expectation of verification of originality or necessary copyright acknowledgment.
- It is possible to submit multiple selections for consideration. Each survey has room for four submissions. If you would like to submit more, you will need to take the survey another time.
- All submissions may be subject to editing in order to fit the format of the book.
Email all questions to Emily Dykman on behalf of the subcommittee organizing the book.
Each submission must be in the format of a Word document and are due by Friday, May 31. Submission will be collected through this submission link that will collect the Word documents. Submissions are due by Friday, May 31. Due to the limited space available in the book, not all submissions will be included. Contact will be made with everyone regarding the status of his or her submissions by mid-August.