Wisconsin Post-baccalaureate Teacher Licensure Program
Viterbo University's School of Education prepares educators who are grounded in Franciscan values and possess the knowledge and skills to be reflective decision makers for the 21st Century.
NEW PROGRAM: CROSS-CATEGORICAL SPECIAL EDUCATION- ONLINE
The Post-baccalaureate licensure program is an accelerated 26-credit program that offers initial licensure in one of thirteen content areas in as little as one year.
Teaching licenses can be earned in:
- Art (pre-K–12)
- Broad Field Science
- Broad Field Social Studies
- Business Education (pre-K–12)
- Cross-categorical Special Education- with an emphasis in LD, CD,or EBD (online beginning in the Fall 2014)
- English Language Arts
- Music (pre-K–12)
- Spanish (pre-K–12)
- Technology Education (pre-K–12)
- Theatre Arts (pre-K–12)
All Post-Bac courses are graduate-level courses, and may serve as elective credit requirements toward Viterbo's Master of Arts in Education degree program.
Tuition for the 2014-15 school year is $330/credit.
Evening Classes for First Two Semesters
Courses are taught on Tuesday and Thursday evenings from 5–9: 15 p.m. from mid-May through fall semester. Students will also need to plan for some partial days (between 8 a.m. and 3 p.m.) in the fall semester for a required 50 hours of field experience. Business students have an extra one credit class and Technology Education students have an additional two credit class held on Wednesday evenings in September and early October to meet additional DPI requirements.
Student Teaching for One Semester
Student teaching will involve full daytime hours for the entire spring semester. Applicants working on a second license can student teach in their district of employment. Others can be placed near the communities where they live or work if a cooperating teacher is available.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited college or university
- 3.0 grade point average in content area
- Completed application including written essay
- Positive evaluation of dispositions for teaching
- Passing Praxis I (PPST) score
- Criminal background check with acceptable history.
For more information on the Post-Baccalaureate Licensure Program, please contact Val Krage, program coordinator, at 608-796-3287 or email@example.com.