Healthy Hawks is an 8-week healthy lifestyle choices program which offers individualized and group resources to Viterbo employees and students. The program will promote various aspects of the 7 dimensions of wellness. Educational sessions and group activities will be offered to aid in nutrition and other applicable lifestyle goals. Each educational session will be provided in hopes of engaging both beginner health advocates and more advanced personnel.
Group activities are provided for those who might thrive in a more social setting, as well as many opportunities for the participants who might choose a more individualized setting. Whatever your personal goals are, this program is available to all fitness levels!
Fall 2018 programming will take place for 8 weeks, beginning on Tuesday, September 18. Opportunities to participate will continue until November 9, ending with an end of the semester gathering filled with fun to celebrate all the hard work by participants!
Registration is open now through September 17, 2018.
Program Cost: $25 per participant
- Initial Fitness Assessment + 7 Sessions with a Personal Trainer (weekly)
- Optional Follow Up Assessment (scheduled 12 weeks from initial assessment)
- Nutrition Assessment and Counseling (with Dietetic Interns)
- Fitness Center and Equipment Orientation
- Nutrition Education and Workshops!
- Weekly Educational Sessions or Group Activities
- Cooking classes
- Goal Setting and Journaling
*All sessions held on Tuesday evenings from 6:30 – 8 p.m. in Mathy Center Room 129 (floor conference room).
- Week 1 (9/18): Introduction Meeting
- Week 2 (9/25): Self-Care Talk with Health Services
- Week 3 (10/2): Nutritional Talk & Cooking Class with Dietetic Interns (held in food lab)
- Week 4 (10/9): Relationship & Communication Talk with Counseling Services
- Week 5 (10/16): Outdoor Group Workout with Recreation & Leadership Department
- Week 6 (10/23): Lunch n’ Learn on Sleep
- Week 7 (10/30): Spirituality Talk with Emilio Alvarez & Guided Meditation with Deb Murray
- Week 8 (11/9): Wrap Up Meeting & Completion Celebration
Marci (Kuhrt) Iverson, RCRSP
LeeAnn Van Vreede, MA, LPC, SAC, ICS
Instructor | Nutrition and Dietetics
For general questions regarding the Healthy Hawks program, please contact email@example.com or call 608-796-3123.