Summer Shape Up
March 27-May 5
Researchers agree that being well versed in all exercise types can help improve overall health and prevent injury. This challenge is designed to give you experience in each dimension of fitness from flexibility to strength, and everywhere in between. Come prepared to try fun, new ways to workout and have a great time maintaining good health through the challenges offered.
Weekly Exercise Dimensions
- Week One: Stretching and yoga
- Week Two: Muscular Endurance
- Week Three: Hypertrophy (Gain in muscle mass)
- Week Four: Strength
- Week Five: Cardiorespiratory Fitness
- Week Six: Nutrition
- Registration for the Summer Shape Up Challenge will begin on Monday, March 20th and will continue until Friday, March 31 at 7 p.m.
- It is recommended that all participants sign up before Monday, March 31, however we welcome all participants therefore there is no penalty for signing up late.
- Sign up will take place at the Mathy Center Welcome Desk. All participants will be asked to show their Viterbo ID, give their preferred email address, and pay the entry fee of $5. Payment does not need to be made upon sign up, but it must be paid before the end of the registration period (March 31).
- If you are signing up after the registration period, payment is required at the time of registration.
How to win
Three grand prizes will be raffled for this challenge. Prizes include:
- Season pass to Noah’s Ark Waterpark
- Bluetooth portable speaker
- Customized Viterbo University Corn hole (beanbag toss) game
There will also be a mid-program raffle that includes 3 board games to play with your friends. At the end of the program and mid-program everyone who meets the minimum point requirements (60 for the mid program prize and 100 points for the large) will be entered in a raffle at the end of the program and the mid-program raffle. Therefore, we recommend that you complete enough challenges to be entered to win a prize.
**Winners of the mid-program prize can also win a grand prize
- Every week there will be a total of three challenges that will be sent out to you. There will be two mini challenges worth 5 points each and big challenge worth 20 points.
- Along with the big challenge there will be a bonus of 5 points if you choose to complete it.
- Points are awarded for completing a challenge in its entirety—no partial points will be awarded.
- The minimum number to be entered for the mid-program raffle is 60 points and 100 points total for the grand prize raffle, so make sure to keep track of your score.
- Each week runs from Monday at 12:01 a.m. until Sunday at 11:59 p.m.
- Logs must be turned in by the following Monday at 5 p.m. to get the points totaled.
Keeping track of points
- When you begin the challenge, you will receive an email from Samantha, the Fitness/Wellness Intern (firstname.lastname@example.org), welcoming you to the challenge.
- Each week, Samantha will send you a link to a Google Form and an Excel file to log your points. You may choose to submit your minutes in either the Google Form, by electronically filling out the log and emailing it to email@example.com, or by printing the Excel file and bringing it into the Mathy Center. You do not need to use all methods of turning in your log, only one will be necessary.
Rec Sports staff will record your total points for each week. However, it is recommended that participants keep track of their own points, as well.
Questions? Please direct all questions to Samantha at firstname.lastname@example.org.