Study Abroad Application Process and Forms
Viterbo-sponsored Study Abroad Programs
The following application items need to be turned into Taylor Corbett, Director of Study Abroad, in Murphy Center room 377, on or before the program deadline of October 1, 2018, in order to have a complete application.
- Application Form
- Recomendation Form
- $200 Application Deposit (ONLY accepted in check or money order form, payable to Viterbo University)
A one page, single-spaced, typed personal statement addressing the following:
What motivates you to seek this particular experience?
What do you believe makes you a good fit for this particular program? Consider here not only how the program might influence you, but also how your strengths might enhance the experience for your peers, those you meet along the way, etc.
Please note, the following documents are only to be completed once the student receives their acceptance email into the program. The Study Abroad Office has put these forms on the website simply as a reference.
- Confirmation of Participation Form Sample
- Study Abroad and/or Away Agreement, Code of Conduct and Release and Waiver of Liability Form
- Medical Disclosure Form
- Site Specific Liability Form (will be included in the students acceptance email)
Non Viterbo-sponsored Study Abroad Programs
The following application items need to be turned into Taylor Corbett, Director of Study Abroad, in Murphy Center room 377, on or before the program deadline in order to have a complete application.
- Complete the Non-Viterbo Sponsored Application And Liability Form
- Complete the Course Approval Form
- Complete the Budget Form (if you are planning to use financial aid) and set up an appointment to meet with the financial aid office regarding your budget.
- Follow all of the third party provider's application processes.
- Send your program acceptance email from third party provider to Taylor Corbett, firstname.lastname@example.org, in order to receive approval to register for the correct GLST course and section number.
- This GLST course will serve as your place-holder course while away on your program until Viterbo receives your official transcript from the foreign institution you attended or from the program provider you used.
Sister Bernyne Scholarship
In addition to financial aid, students partaking in a Viterbo-sponsored program are eligible to apply for the Sister Bernyne Stark Solidarity Scholarship. The application for this scholarship is due November 1st.
- Complete the Sister Bernyne Stark Solidarity Scholarship
- Write a personal statement in accordance with application guidelines.
- Submit all application materials to the Study Abroad Office, Murphy Center room 377, on or before the application deadline.