Technology Education at Viterbo
Technology education teachers are in high demand and Viterbo’s program has a 100 percent placement rate. Technology education teachers have a unique opportunity to expose young people to a wide variety of hands-on technology-related projects and explore possible career paths. These highly skilled educators play a critical role in developing the workforce of tomorrow.
The technology education program is built around a collaborative effort between Viterbo University and Western Technical College. The School of Education at Viterbo provides coursework on the fundamentals of education theory and practice. Technology courses at Western provide the fundamentals of woodworking, construction, computer aided drafting, manufacturing techniques, fabrication, engine and fluid systems. With a degree in technology education, graduates will be ready to excel in this high demand field.
- 100 percent job placement rate
- Hands-on learning environment
- Classroom experience begins early in the program
- Licensure in a high-demand area
- Practical education knowledge, integrated with skills and experience training
- CAEP (Council for Accreditation of Educator Preparation) accredited
- One of only four technology education programs in Wisconsin
"My learning experience at Viterbo challenged me to become the best possible teacher I could become. Viterbo pushed me to the limits, showing me what teaching young minds entailed and prepared me for what I needed when I would be in the classroom. Viterbo individualized my education so I would be prepared for my future."
- Business or industry instructor
- Community college instructor
- High school teacher
- Middle school teacher
Graduate Schools/Employers of Alumni
- Gale-Ettrick-Trempealeau School
- Logan Middle School
- Logan Senior High School
- Sparta High School
- Tomah High School