World Languages and Cultures Department
The Department of World Languages and Cultures is an integral part of the liberal arts education at Viterbo University. Based on American Council on Teaching Foreign Language (ACTFL) standards, we strive for offering students insights into today’s interconnected global society through community involvement, study abroad, research and scholarly work opportunities. Department academic programs include:
- Majors include: Spanish, Spanish Education, and Spanish 3+1
- Minors include: Interpreting Studies, Latin American Studies, Latino/a Studies, Spanish and Spanish Education.
- An online Community Interpreting Certificate that prepare.....
- Introductory-level French, German and Italian courses to satisfy B.A. language requirements.
- Free placements exams online and through the Academic Resource Center.
- Retroactive credits (3-12) for prior language study, upon successful completion of the course in which the student was placed.
- Publication of El Sol, a Spanish newspaper for the Viterbo and La Crosse communities.
- Spanish Club, open to all majors, minors, and students studying Spanish.
- Study abroad trips to Spain, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Cost Rica, and other exciting destinations!
For more information, contact:
Dr. Maribel Bird