World Languages and Cultures Programs at Viterbo
The Department of World Languages and Cultures is an integral part of the liberal arts education that students earn at Viterbo University. We offer students insight into today’s interconnected global society through the study of different cultures and languages. Community involvement, study abroad, service learning, publications, student clubs, and research opportunities are integral aspects of our programs, which are based on ACTFL (American Council on Teaching Foreign Language) standards. Department offerings include:
- Majors include: Spanish, Spanish Education, and Spanish 3+1
- Minors include: Interpreting Studies, Latin American Studies, Latino/a Studies, Spanish and Spanish Education.
- An online Community Interpreting Certificate that prepare.....
- Introductory-level French, German and Italian courses to satisfy B.A. language requirements.
- Free placements exams online and through the Academic Resource Center.
- Retroactive credits (3-12) for prior language study, upon successful completion of the course in which the student was placed.
- Publication of El Sol, a Spanish newspaper for the Viterbo and La Crosse communities.
- Spanish Club, open to all majors, minors, and students studying Spanish.
- Study abroad trips to Spain, Mexico, Peru, Argentina, Cost Rica, and other exciting destinations!
For more information, contact:
Dr. Maribel Bird